Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Gonna have my cake and eat it too!

Hi friends!
I made some changes to look and layout of my blog. I hope you like it! Let me know if anything is hard to read, etc. And PHEW! I am so not tech savvy when it comes to blogs. It took me like 2 hours to figure out how to change everything to look the way it does(feel free to have a laugh at my expense, you pro-bloggers, you!) And, I have to admit that some of those things got there by accident. :)
I woke up this morning feeling pretty good about life and then I did my usual.....
1. Go pee
2. Weigh myself.
For those of you who have never watched your weight before, you might find that a bit extreme, but for all the rest of you, "thats how we do!" That half a pound of water weight can mean the difference between a prego-tantrum and a happy morning.
   I usually close my eyes while the numbers are going up. Cuz then I can't feel myself getting fatter.

So, I opened my eyes and......VIOLA! 2.5 lost. SAY WHAT???!? Playa, please. Happy dance!?

And then, I thought I should double check, just to make sure. So I got on, and off, and on, and off..until I had read the scale as 189 about 4 times.
"189 lbs??" You say. " Who would do a happy dance about that?"
Me. Thats who.
'Cuz I started out at 193.5, then dropped to 186(nausea CAN be your friend) and happily rested back down at 189. At 18 weeks pregnant, to have only gained a half a pound is like winning the prego lottery.
Now, before I get any haters hating on me(Yes, I have been watching episode after episode of Psych, my favorite show, and I feel like I have to talk like Guster when I talk about losing weight.)

 I am 30 pounds overweight from my first baby, and my current little girl is big and beautiful(got an ultrasound already, more on that later). So don't worry. All is well in babyland. She is getting what she needs and so am I!
And I am also an incredibly emotional eater...
(See? Guster has the answer for everything!)
But, I have been trying to eat better for atleast 2/3 of my meals, and I have been exercising. So, I'm not gonna pretend that I sit on my butt all day eating cheetos and have "magically" only gained half a pound, cuz thats just not true. My weight has fluctuated a LOT. How did I lose 2.5 pounds?
I was sick.:)
Totally cheating, and it will totally be back on again in a day or so. But, for one, brief, magical moment, I felt awesome about my weight.
IN fact, I can pretty much tell you where that 2.5 lbs will be coming from in the next few days:
Store-bought sheet cake. My arch nemesis.


It just looks SOOOOO good. Even if the bakers never get it right.
"Whats the occasion?" You ask.
"Nothing" I say.
 But really, I think I am going to get myself a ginormous, fattening, gooey, sheet cake......SLICE. And thats the kicker.  
"I don't have to eat an entire sheet cake, to eat myself some sheet cake."

You know thats right!






















So that can be our motto.

No comments:

Post a Comment